Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Touching the Sea

"Prem! Let's go today to see the sea," said David Rusk. I was really excited because I had never been to the sea or to the beach in all my 40 years. It was like a dream come true for me.

We left David's home at 9:00am. The sun was hot. We were driving on the wide roads. I was imagining the narrow roads of Nepal. It was quite different to Nepal. I could rarely see any people walking on the road. A single person would be seen from the speeding car. I remembered the hundreds of people on a bus in Nepal hanging on to the outside of the bus.

We stopped at Seaview Downs to meet Christine and Paul. I was very happy to meet them because they have been sponsoring Nabina, my student in Nepal. We spent a couple of hours there. I thanked them for providing some books for my school and then we moved on to Brighton Beach.

I was anxious about setting foot on the cream coloured sand on the beach as David told me, "Prem!! Look at the sea!!!

"Wow! So wonderful! So beautiful! So wide! So gigantic, but peaceful. We went on the jetty to view the sea. "Click! Click! No time to waste as I started to take photos. Some people were swimming while others were fishing.

"Prem! It is a squid. These are blue crabs."Take the photos." Click! Click!! I did it quickly.

It was wonderful to see the squid and crabs. This was the first time I had seen these sea creatures.
Then we went to the beach. I took off my shoes and socks and rushed to the sea. A small wave hit me with a light force. Wow!! I touched the sea. I felt the sea. I tasted the sea. Wonderful! So salty!!
I was enjoying being at the sea looking at the long view to the horizon. "Prem !! Look here at once." Click click, David was taking photos of me as I stood on the beach by the jetty.
Thanks David. I really enjoyed the beach. I loved the beach.










No comments:

Post a Comment